Hello friends, happy Monday! Hope you had a fabulous weekend!
The Stamp Review Crew is at it again -- we're sharing ideas with you today for the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set! This a fabulous background set and you can use it for all sorts of projects and stamping styles as we'll surely see today!
For my Gorgeous Grunge project, I decided to go back to a technique that I used years ago when I first got started using Stampin' Up! products. It is a technique you can use with a whole variety of background stamps, florals, etc. All you need to do is start with a piece of Whisper White card stock. Then, using different colors of ink, stamp up the entire sheet of card stock. You can use all different images (like I did today), or go entirely with one image in a whole array of colors.
Using my stamped up Gorgeous Grunge card stock, I created both a card and a 2" x 4" x 1" box:
Here's a closer looker:
Several times I have used this technique to quickly put together a set of thank you notes -- they've been great for wedding and baby showers that I've attended! In these instances, I stamped up the sheet and then cut into 1-3/4" x 5-1/2" strips of card stock. I would often mount these onto a 2-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of card stock and then place on a card front.and then mounted those onto card fronts. You get enough of the stamped strips to make 12 cards and that's not bad in my book! Again, a fabulous gift to bring to a shower!
Want to make the box? I've not yet put this into a formal tutorial, but here are the basics:
- Cut a 6" x 6-1/2" piece of card stock
- With the 6-1/2" edge along the top side of you Simply Scored Scoring Tool, score at: 1/2", 1-1/2", 3-1/2", 4-1/2", 6-1/2"
- Flip cardstock and score at 1" and at 5"
- Cut out the small rectangular corners (there are 2 of these on the 1/2" end)
- Fold the cardstock into a rectangular form and it will become clear to you which score lines need to be cut so that you can fold in the box ends
- Use Sticky Strip to seal the side of the box and one end
Ribbon or a belly band is perfect for holding the finished box closed. And, fingers crossed that these instructions make sense to you!
Enjoy visiting the other members of the Stamp Review Crew to see what they have created using Gorgeous Grunge! The buttons below will help you hop along and the full list of participants is below my signature.
Thanks so much for stopping by...hope you will be back again soon!
Like what you see? Get inspiration in your inbox!
Stamp Review Crew Line-Up for Gorgeous Grunge
- Heidi Baks runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com
- Cindy Beach stampspaperandink.typepad.com/
- Beth Beard mylittlecraftblog.com/
- Adriana Benitez escape2stamp.com
- Tanya Boser tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com
- Debra Burgin heartfeltinkspiration.com/
- Jill Coleman jillstamps.com/
- Deb Currier artfeltimpressions.blogspot.com/
- Mike Funke stampin-style.typepad.com/
- Shana Gaff stressfreestamping.blogspot.com
- Holly Krautkremer rubberredneck.typepad.com
- Mary Rindal maryrindal.com
- Martha Stewart seasonsofstamping.com/
- Dawn Tidd tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com
- Lisa Young addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/
- Kerry Willard Bray kerrywillardbray.com
- Paula Wright paulastamps.blogspot.com/
- Rita Wright ritascreations.blogspot.com/
- Betty Traciak kittystamps.blogspot.com
- Nancy Smith iguanastamp.wordpress.com